Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Katie (Elder) Ball

I love seeing everyone’s blogs here. I googled Springville High class of 1998 to see when our reunion would be and realized I had missed it. I am glad to have found this online reunion. Well after Graduation I went to Utah State University to major in Elementary Education. I had a plan I was going to study hard and play hard and NOT get a boyfriend. I hadn’t even been moved into my apartment 24 hours when the best-looking guy I had ever seen walked in.
I knew I was in trouble, but tried my best to ignore him. It was pretty useless, the first time he kissed me I wasn’t sure if my legs would work to get me back to my apt and I knew my plan was busted. So eight years, two kids, two cars, three apartments, and two houses later we still like each other.
I took a social problems class in college and it inspired me to change my major to counseling with a minor in sociology. I put my self through college working at a flower shop and loved it. I had the opportunity to do counseling at Utah State and Mountain Crest High School. Ironically after all of that I realized I did not like counseling and I loved flowers J. My husband is a structural engineer (primarily a bridge engineer). Shortly after graduation our first son, Avery, was born.

Two weeks later we moved from Logan to Portland Oregon so Austin could take a job as a bridge engineer. We were there for three years and had many great adventures. We LOVED it there and would love to live there again someday. However after our second son was born, Everett, we thought we should move back to Utah to be near family. So five weeks after Everett was born we moved to River Heights, Ut (by Logan). After coming back to Logan I started doing weddings at the flower shop I worked at through college at night after my kids went to bed.

Then last fall it went up for sale and I bought it. I have a partner and we have it worked out that I work from home all but one day a week. So I mostly stay home but own my own shop. It is crazy busy and most days more than I can handle but I love it. My boys are almost 5 and 2 they are so funny. At times they make me want to pull my hair out, but also they give me the happiest moments of my life. I often give them hugs and hope that that through osmosis they can absorb all the love and hope I have for them. Our family blog is www.austinandkatieball.blogspot.com I look forward to what adventures and changes the future holds for all of us. I would also like to thank all of you for giving me a great high school experience full of memories that 10 years later still make me smile. GO RED DEVILS!!!!

2 comments:

Kory and Lisa said...

Hey pretty girl! Remember me Lisa (Walker) Gornichec? Your family is beautiful! My blog is koryandlisa.blogspot.com :)

nitro said...

Mom and Dan say I got yhis far