Monday, September 8, 2008

Celeste (Minch) Hepworth


Wow! Time goes by so fast. So after graduating and attending UVSC for a few years, I decided that Utah was not the place I wanted to be. I moved to Clarksville, Tennessee where I got a job working for Army Air Force Exchange Services as a cashier and worked my up to supervisor. I had a brief stint in childcare services and as a surgical tech for an oral surgeon. I met my husband, Wayne (a medic in the United States Army) in April of 2004 and we were married by December. His first name is actually Lester but only the Army calls him that. His brothers, in their infinite humor, nicknamed us Celester and it seems to have stuck. We got married in Springville December 31, 2004 and returned to TN where he faced deployment. We were saved from that by a transfer to Yuma, AZ. I got a job as a paraprofessional at the elementary school on post and enjoyed my job. I worked with several great teachers but came to the realization that teaching was not really what I wanted to do after all. While there, I got pregnant with our first daughter Anne Elisabeth, born August 2, 2006. I finished out the school year and turned in my resignation to become a stay at home mom. 7 short months later I found out I was expecting number 2. Not long after finding out I was pregnant again we were transferred to Ft. Hood, TX where we currently are. After talking it over for a while, we've decided that the Army has been good to us but it's not the life we want forever so when his time is complete, Wayne will be done with the Army and going to school to be a nurse. That being the case, we bought a house here in Killeen, TX. Our second daughter, Melisande Noelle, was born on November 30, 2007. I was blessed to have wonderfully simple pregnancies. Wayne is currently deployed and serving our country in Afghanistan. He will be there for 15 long months, 2 of which have already passed. We are lucky to be able to talk on a regular basis through e-mail, internet voice calls, ocassional sattelite phone, and instant messenger. I'm still a stay at home mom and have recently adopted a puppy that gives me just as many loving trials as my two beautiful girls. The picture to the right is our last family photo before my husband left. Hopefully, it will not be our last family photo ever. While he's been gone, I've been spending my time making quilts and curtains, cross stitching, and fixing up the things which have fallen apart in our house since he left. These things keep me busy enough to not miss him as much. I also stay busy with my calling as a primary teacher in church and as a volunteer for our Family Readiness Group in the Army. And, of course, raising my children. Well, I think that brings everyone up to date on the last 10 years of my life. If you'd like to keep up with my family check us out atwww.forevercelester.blogspot.com or you can catch me on Facebook or MySpace by my full name Celeste Hepworth.

No comments: