Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Anna (Roberts) Cox



Hey friends! After high school I went to college at the University of Utah. My first 2 years I studied Communications, spent winters working at Alta ski resort and a summer traveling to Africa and working at a Jewish summer camp in Pennsylvania. I spent another summer doing study abroad in Japan. Then I served an LDS mission in Puerto Rico, and loved it. After my mission I returned to the U of U, finished up my Communications degree and also completed a degree in Nursing. I got into back country ski racing in the winters and during summers I worked as an adventure guide for kids in Colorado and Costa Rica. My last year in school I met my soul mate, Nate Cox on an ice climbing trip to Ouray, Colorado. We got married July 8, 2006, just after I graduated from the U of U. We lived in St. George for a year and a half while I worked at the hospital as a nurse and he worked for Sun River as a project manager. During that time we took a month off to explore Chile and Argentina. We moved from St. George to Heber, Utah in January when Edward Jones offered my husband a job as a financial planner in Park City. Heber is ideal for us, we love being so close to so many fun things. We both enjoy biking, climbing, skiing, rafting and exploring the planet. I worked at a surgical center as a nurse until last week when I started my maternity leave. I am due to have a baby girl any day now! Doesn't the ultra sound make her look like the cutest little alien? I am really looking forward to being a stay home mom and working a few times a month to keep my nursing license.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Hi Anna! You always made me laugh. Remember when Katie Baxter and I came and stayed with you at the U for a long weekend? We went snow shoeing! Good times. I know you're crazy busy with the upcoming baby and all, but email me! I would totally come up to Heber and say hi! krandy@gmail.com. Good luck with the baby!

Staci said...

Not sure if you remember me or not, Staci Winterton but I saw you one here and I had to say hi... We live in Midway right now but are moving to Woodland in two weeks. It was so good seeing what you have been up to and I'm so excited for you're new baby... Hope everything goes well...