Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Crystal (Cox) Hurst



It is amazing that it has been 10 years. Wow, has time flown by for me. I have been greatly blessed in those 10 years. I left Springville for Alaska just a few days after graduation. I started work as an insurance agent for Geico and was there for a couple years. I finally decided I wanted to go to college. So I moved back home and started at BYU. I attended there for a year while I was assistant manager at Krispy Kreme in Orem and was trying to start modeling on the side. I didn't go back to school after that first year, but instead worked extra long hours. And went on my first date with Justin, my husband, during finals. He worked out of state for the summer, so we did the long distance thing and fell in love. Six short months later we were married over Thanksgiving break in Virginia. We had to rush back to Utah where I had to train my replacement at Krispy Kreme before we moved to Reno. In Reno, I was able to assist in the opening of a new Krispy Kreme there as the assistant manager. Yup, I got a whole bunch of doughnuts every single day. I totally miss them now. Justin worked for his brother in law at Gale Building Products working with installing insulation and gutters. After a year in Reno, Justin was able to get a job in the computer field in Alaska. His major at BYU had been in computers so he was happy to move up here for a good job. In December 2002 we made the move to Anchorage, AK. Bought our house and have been here since. I was able to start work at Geico again as an insurance agent. And did that up until our second child was born last year, when I was able to be a stay at home mom and have loved it ever since. A dream come true being home with these little ones. In September 2003 we were blessed with Ryan. Our now rambunctious three and a half year old who always keeps me on my toes. Then we had Kara in May 2007. Our little darling princess just turned one and that year has gone insanely fast for me. We are now awaiting the arrival of child number three, which is a surprise. I am due in 40 days and yep the countdown has begun. This is why I am unable to attend the reunion. If anyone wants to keep in touch, we have a family website http://thehurst.com/ I try to keep the blog up to date with new pictures and info about the family. I am currently doing an at home preschool for my son and he is doing great at it. I am trying to finish the alphabet before the next baby comes so we aren't interrupted at w or x. Good luck to everyone it is great to read your stories.

No comments: