Saturday, June 7, 2008

Matt Bradley




The last ten years have been busy! Not long after high school I was called to the Russia Samara Mission where I served, learned, and loved for just over two years. Upon returning home in early 2001, I attended UVSC where I received my AA before going back to the Russian Federation in 2002 to study and travel with fellow classmate Ray Bradford. While there I picked up a Diploma of Russian Studies from Kazan State Technical University in the Republic of Tatarstan. I finished off my BA in English Literature at the Uof U in spring of 2003 and worked in D.C. as a summer congressional intern for Congressman Chris Cannon that same year. I took a long trip to Europe, helped Coach (Greg) Smith on a couple of 'Survival' treks and officially became a menace to the Mapleton 10th Singles Ward. My plans for law school were derailed in 2005 when my then super-hot girlfriend from Bar Harbor Maine, Cassandra Bingham, gave me an ultimatum between herself and New York. I choose her, and one year and a million laughs later we were married. Having temporarily had enough of the Utah life, two months after becoming newlyweds we packed up and moved to Dublin, Ireland where I got my M.Phil in International Politics and she worked as a manager for an Irish boy-band. In 2007 we moved back to Utah where I found a job as a 4th grade teacher at Liberty Academy in Salem and also began attending the Uof U for my Ph. D in International Relations. Teaching is the best and I can't believe I get paid (what little I actually make that is) for having this much fun. Sandy makes the real money as a Product Line Manager for an internationally marketed nutracutical company also based out of Salem. Neither of us do much in the way of hobbies and most of our free time is spent either getting into trouble, wrestling, or hanging out with friends both old and new. In short, life is just as ridiculously awesome as it ever was. In the future I look forward to more exotic adventures as well as having some kids of my own (besides the kind that leave when the bell rings) and hope to get a job instructing at the collegiate level.

2 comments:

Darwin + Kiara said...

If guns don't kill people then what does??? You guys are loads of fun. I'm glad I'm not the only one with abnormal photos explaining the story of our lives for this blog. Let the good times role!

Elizabeth Bird said...

Hey there Mr. Matt! Love the pics. How are ya?