Saturday, June 7, 2008

Cassi (Mittanck) Capell



After graduation I attended Ricks College and then BYU. I was also lucky enough to participate in a Study Abroad to Vienna, Austria for a semester while at BYU. I loved Europe and can't wait to get back there someday. My Junior year at BYU, Anna York set me up with her cousin Ben. We were married in August of 2002. The following Spring we both graduated from BYU. Ben with his BS in Business Administration/Finance, and me with my BS in Psychology. Right after graduation we moved across the country to Boston, MA for Ben's work. We loved our time in Boston and became (of course) Red Sox Fans! In October 2004 our first son, Cameron, was born. He was a joy from the beginning, eager to be involved in everything. He was a sweet child and quickly made friends with his penetrating eyes and wide smile. He had amazing coordination for his age, and was shooting hoops at 16 months, and pitching and hitting a baseball at 19 months. Life is precious and unpredictable as we quickly learned. On August 16, 2006 our sweet Cameron quickly and unexpectantly passed from this life to the next. We still miss him everyday and continue to learn and grow from this experience. At the time of Cameron's accident I was 4 months pregnant with our second son. Joshua Cameron was born February 2007. What a gift he has been in our lives. We love him dearly. We said goodbye to Boston in June 2007 and moved to Walnut Creek, CA for the summer while Ben worked for a start up company. Then we moved to Utah for a few months, and then in January 2008 we moved back across the country to the DC area where Ben is working for the same start up company. We plan on moving back to Utah the end of this summer, where Ben will attend the BYU MBA program. Josh is a handful and keeps me hopping. We just seem to have very high energy active boys around here. Which I love and wouldn't change, but the scrapes and falls are making me age faster! Josh is also a sweetheart and a momma's boy. I am expecting our third child in December. Life has been crazy and wonderful. I feel very blessed to share it with my wonderful family and friends. I love being a mom and wouldn't change it for anything in the world.

No comments: