Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Russell Wilde



While ya'll are reuniting I'll be hard at work reporting the news in Austin, Texas. I've been at News 8 Austin for a little over a year, and to think 10 years ago it was Red Devil Point of View...After graduation I went to SUU, went on a two year sabbatical to Houston, then back to SUU. My first job was @ KCSG in St. George. I covered floods, fires, and Warren Jeffs. After nearly 3 years I thought I'd mix things up by quitting my job and getting married.I met my wife, Chow (Charmaine) during my last year at SUU. She proposed, I said yes, and she said what was your name again. After that exchange we dated for a little over a year and then she went on an 18 month sabbatical to Hawaii.After her return we dated for a few more months and headed to Canada to get hitched. (We're both half Canadian, our goal is have a child that is 100% Canadian.)On our wedding day I got a call about the job in Austin, three days later I got the voice mail. We rerouted our honey to the Lone Star State. A month later we were starting our new life in Texas.The past 15 months have been great. Being married is stupid fun and my job is great.I do the myblogface thing, you can look me up, or go to http://www.wildewedding.com/. Oh and if anyone has seen David Young in the last 5 years or so, let me know.

2 comments:

Katie and Austin said...

Hey Russell, wow looks like you have come a long way since our times making Red Devil Point of View and bagging groceries. :)
It is nice to see your blog on here I wish you the best.
Katie Elder Ball

angela worman cox said...

Hi Russell, I have wondered what you have been up to all these years it's great that you are doing so well.
Angela Worman Cox