Saturday, May 24, 2008

Andrea (Bake) Wardle



Time is fleeting. I remember when I was younger, people talking about their 10-year reunions, thinking, "Man, they are so OLD"! Now look… As I'm reading about all my fellow class of ninety-eighters, I'm brought back to the importance of connection. We all exist in different spheres, but our purpose here is the same. But, dang it, we just want to feel young again!I found my niche in life. I was working part-time and attending UVSC, but not finding much satisfaction. I started to work full time at Snelson Photo Lab in Springville, where I was introduced to the "computer" aspect of photography, and got hooked! I met my husband, Scott, here in Springville while he lived with his grandparent's in transition from Snow College to Utah State. We dated long distance until we were married in December 2001 (thank goodness for cell phones and email). I attended Utah State University, delving into the graphic design programs they offered for 2 years. While in Logan, I worked for Steve Mackley (photographer) as his digital artist. Scott graduated from Utah State in Parks and Recreation and currently works for Springville City.I've put College and work on hold indefinitely, because I devote all my time to my 2 kids! Paige (4) is a ball of energy. She is very bright for her age and seems to have my creative gene. Evan (2) is my angel. He likes to follow Paige around everywhere, which results in his love for dresses and ponies (ok so he does like cars too). They are my life.My other life is my camera. I strayed for a time into design, which I still love and do everyday, but eventually found my way back into photography. It is my dream to start my own business, but in the meantime I take lots of pictures of my kids and have a few gigs on the side.We currently reside in Springville, just down the road from the high school to be exact (Did I really drive that fast around that corner? Darn high school kids)! Our current projects all revolve around upgrades to our home, which we bought in 2004. Our dream is to eventually end up in the Northwest. Beautiful country!Life couldn't be sweeter. Check this moment off as another chapter, not the end! It may feel like time is slowing down for a short season, but then it speeds up again to catch itself.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Bird said...

Hi Andrea!

Just wanted to say hi. How are you doing? How is your family doing? It looks like you are doing well and have a cute little family of your own :) CONGRATS!

Liz Birs