Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Staci (Schofield) Durieux

Durieux (dur-eee-ay or in french it’s dur-eeh-ehk):
I won’t be able to come out to Utah for the reunion but I thought I’d give a little update on the past 10 years.  I still feel 18, and my friends all still look 18...they just have kids.  So I don’t know where the time has gone.  I went to UVSC for a year after high school, then I moved to Florida to go to art school.  
After a year of art school I decided to finish my degree at BYU.  I lived in Mapleton with my parents for those two years.  I actually made it out of BYU single...one of the few.  Right before I would graduate I got my dream job, Building theme park rides with Walt Disney Imagineering.  I left school to take the job.  I have been living and working in Los Angeles ever since.  In 2005 I met my husband Chad, who had just moved to Cali from Canada.  I was really put off by him at first and decided to stay away from him.  
He told me that he had dated all the girls in Canada and needed to move away to find a new singles ward.  Wasn’t really the pick up line I was looking for.  but he was persistent & a lot of fun.........and we were married in Salt Lake Dec 2006.  I’m currently just working away designing theme parks.  I have mostly worked on projects in Tokyo, but I have a few things that I’ve designed in Disneyland and Disney World.  If you come ride Midway Mania opening in both Florida and Cali you will see my work.  Last year I fell in love with photography and I started a side business doing weddings, when I have the time....... & I keep a blog at http://stacimikelle.squarespace.com/  I’ve been super busy at work so I’ve been a slacker at keeping it up!

1 comment:

Katie and Austin said...

Hi Staci,
Long time no see. I am so glad you posted on here. I love seeing your fun life. Best wishes.

Katie Elder Ball