Monday, May 19, 2008

Jen (Kirby) McNees

After graduation I went to UVSC to study and play volleyball for the school team.  I met my husband Mark, also a volleyball player, we were married in May of 2000.  We moved to California to study and play for California State University at Northridge.  I played for the women's team and Mark played for the men's. Life was great... Newly married in California, beach, playing volleyball and getting college paid for.  After one year of playing, Jacob our first son was born September of 2001.  I sat out for one season, then played one additional year with my husband and one-year-old little boy watching from the stands.  After graduation with a degree in Child Development I spent my time with Jacob, just being a mom and loving it.  In  August 2004 Ireland (Iree) joined our family.  We decided our 1 bedroom apartment was getting a little too full so we moved back to Utah.  We bought a home in South Jordan (Daybreak) and settled in.  In September 2006 our son Mason was born.  

We keep ourselves very busy.  My husband Mark is a Business Analyst for a mortgage servicing company and is also a partner in a Mortgage Company, Advocate Home Loans.  I do most of his processing from home and love it.  Mark also plays in a hockey league at the Olympic Oval, the kids and I love to watch. I play in a volleyball league for a little free time from the kids and look forward to some outdoor competition this summer.  Most of my time is spent keeping up with my 3 kids.  

Jacob is in kindergarten and is just like his dad...smart, loves playing baseball, hockey, soccer and can't wait to start football next year. He and his dad are die-hard Bronco fans and never miss watching a game.  

Iree is a princess, not a "tom boy" like her mom.  She likes anything to do with princesses, Polly pockets and painting fingernails.  She keeps me busy playing dolls and having tea parties.  

Mason is our little fireball.  He is small but you can't stop him from doing anything his older brother does.  If Jacob jumps off the 5th step... Mason will.  I have to be on my toes to avoid a disaster. 

Occasionally, I look back and wonder how I ended up married with 3 kids when I still feel like I'm 18.  Life is great... 100% better than my high school days... and getting better every day.  

Our Family Blog
www.mcneesfamily.blogspot.com

No comments: