Saturday, May 24, 2008

Darwin Deming






After high school graduation I did a year at UVSC before serving a mission in Fortaleza, Brazil. I continued most of my college education at UVSC except for a semester at USU and a semester working at Disney World in Florida. It was a wonderful experience. I graduated from UVSC with my BS in Earth Science Education and have recently applied for graduate school at Mississippi State University for a Teaching in Geoscience emphasis. Right now I teach 7th grade science and 9th grade Earth Systems at Union Middle School in Sandy. As you can see from the pictures, middle school students can literally turn you into a mad scientist. As difficult as it is sometimes, I still love it. For example, I was freezing carrots in liquid nitrogen the other day and a student put it in his mouth and it froze solid to his tongue. LOL! The best part of my life thus far is meeting my exquisitely beautiful wife, Kiara. She and I literally laugh together every day. We met in 2004 and after a week of dating we decided to get married nine months later, Aug. 12, 2005. We're coming up on our three year anniversary and we're still on the honeymoon! She is absolutely wonderful. No kiddies in the oven yet but soon enough. We are currently living in Orem right now while Kiara goes to UVSC to get her AS degree this December. She plans on getting a BS in Psychology. We love the outdoors, watching movies, or anything where we're together. (The only problem being outside is I start to explain the science of what's around us, picking up rocks and explaining what happened millions of years ago at that location.) You can find more info about our lives on our blog: http://www.kiarwin.blogspot.com/. We look forward to the reunion.

10 comments:

Bard & Kerri said...

Thanks, I know I am the man! haha
Looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks, and I won't forget your BIRTHDAY!!!!

Bard and Kerri said...

Yeah we need to go on survival. We'll just take a picture of him, so that way he can be there in spirit. Let's plan it for next summer when you might actually be home!! See you

Bard and Kerri said...

I think that it is great that you are helping out a teacher in need, or is that a teacher that is takeing advantge of another. Look at it this way, you have to drive there anyways so anything is better then nothing. You have saved $500 in your travels and that is a bonus.

Bard and Kerri said...

And for your information today is Natasha's Birthday she is 4 today!!! YAAAA

Bard and Kerri said...

I'm still waiting for that blog to come in!! How long till your done teaching? See you in a few weeks!

Bard and Kerri said...

12 days and we will be there, are you so excited? I hope you two are ready for a house full, and lots of noise. haha

Bard and Kerri said...

We are used to little houses, we grew up in them. FYI SINK!!! haha I hope in the next 7 months something happens, you are already so far behind. We're done, and you haven't begun that isn't right.

Bard and Kerri said...

Well!! Josh is already watching our kids, SO buy the time you two have kids I think he will be ready. I wasn't going to sit in your sink, that wouldn't be a good hidding spot in your house.

Bard and Kerri said...

OK we might come up on Wed. IF that would be ok with you and Kiara. MIGHT being the key word. haha We will for surely see you in six days can you believe it? I bet there are lots of hiding spots in your new apartment then. WE'll have to find out. See you soon!

Elizabeth Bird said...

Hey it was good seeing you guys. :) Playing ball was alot of fun. I guess we can all keep in touch on here for the next ten years LOL :)

Liz Bird