Saturday, May 3, 2008

Sophie (Houser) Child


I can't believe we graduated 10 years ago. A lot has happened since then. I graduated from BYU in Math Education. I married Steve Child (class of '97) in 2001. I taught at the Jr. High for 4 years (I taught several of your little brothers and sisters). Jr. High was better the second time around. I really loved teaching even though the kids were a bit crazy. It was fun to teach with lots of the teachers we had in Jr. High. I got to see a different side of them. While I taught I also coached softball at the high school. Then I quit when I had my little girl, Alexa. She is 3 years old now (born in 2005) and a lot of fun. She has a ton of energy and keeps me busy. Now I just do math tutoring from my home. Steve works for his family's company in the masonry business. We bought a house in Springville and will probably be here for the rest of our lives! Welcome to my exciting life!

3 comments:

Elizabeth Bird said...

Sophie,

Thanks so much for all your hard work on this. I'm still trying to figure it all out... I haven't played on these things before... I just know myspace LOL. But you know me anyways... I'm blonde. It was great to see you and I had so much fun playing ball. I wish I wouldn't have missed the reunion but I guess I'll have to catch it in another ten years. :) Thanks again for everything! You rock!

Keep in touch!

Best wishes,

Liz Bird

Elizabeth Bird said...

OH and P.S. who has the pics from the reunion and from playing ball. I would love to see them. I will have to keep playing with this thing and get a picture of myself up too :)

mortensen98 said...

just also wanted to know if you had any pictures from the reunion i missed it but would love to see. Thanks for the great blogspot it has been great to see everyone!